Well, if you are researching for phrases that best describe Google, then this is what you will attain: a technology behemoth, a financially sound public company, a pioneer in the field of internet services, and a far-famed global brand. Google has been at the crosshairs of all the revolutionary internet-enabled services launched since the dot-com bubble. Google certainly has a magic wand with which it has been engraving its brand name across the internet service and technology space.
Initially started as a research project in 1996, Google went live as a search engine which seeded its incorporation in 1998. From that point on, Google has dominated existing markets and has forayed into new markets with much guile and craft. Google innovated the concept of social networking by launching its social networking website Orkut in January 2004. As of 2012, Orkut is the most visited website in Brazil and India, driving about 82% of the global online traffic collectively. Orkut’s popularity slowly faded away, after the commercial launches of Facebook and Twitter.
To break the monopoly of Facebook and Twitter in the social networking space, Google came up with a resolute social networking website in the name of Google+ or Google Plus. Launched on June 2011, Google Plus initially was widely rumored to be Google’s answer to Facebook. Google Plus like all social networking websites focused on creating groups, connecting with friends, and sharing content on the web. The new social networking service from Google incorporates services such as Google Circles, Google Profiles, Hangouts, and Sparks. Google Plus is available to all users aged 18 and above, and to be a part of Google Plus, you just have to sign-up with any of your existing Google Accounts
With more than 250 million registered users and over 65 million unique visitors every month, Google Plus is the fourth most visited social networking website in the world. Google Plus is fast becoming an epicenter of unique online visitors, consequently making it a desired place to promote blogs, websites, and gain online traffic. Here are a few tips to utilize Google Plus to drive traffic:
- First, if you have a blog or a brand that needs promotion, then create a Google Plus page under its name. Describe about your blog or business in the page with the help of links to your blog. Promote the page, by sharing it with your circle.
- Build up your promotional efforts by utilizing features such as Sparks, Hangouts, and hosting Huddles. By doing this you can drive loads of traffic to your blog or website.
- Post interesting images and videos that are in a way related to the content of your blog. Refrain from posting articles and content that are directly promotional. Engage with your circles and be active by appreciating the posts of fellow users.
- Google Plus notices and invitations are delivered directly to all Gmail users’ inboxes without being filtered out as spam. This aspect will help email marketers to promote their products to all Google Plus users.
- When posting and sharing keyword related content, the content, comments and links are displayed on Google’s search results page. The display on search results page will depend on the quality and number of comments and likes to your content.
You don’t have to waste your time practicing traditional SEO techniques to drive traffic, because with Google Plus you can generate loads of free online traffic.
This article has been brought to you by www.broadbandproviders.com – the leading provider of best values broadband internet. Visit now