There has been lot of rumors about Motorola going to release tablets under Droid Brand. Today Verizon and Motorola officially announced two new tablets under the name of DROID XYBOARD. The tablets will be available in two sizes of 10.1 and 8.2 inch high-definition (IPS) Display.
DROID XYBOARD 10.1 will be sold at a starting price of $529.99 for 16 GB models adding $100 for 32 GB & 64 GB respectively. Similarly DROID XYBOARD 8.2 models will be sold for $100 less and will cost $429 for 16 GB and $529 for 32 GB.
The above prices are only with a new two-year customer agreement with Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband data plan starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. Although no confirmed dates are given for the launch but Verizon did say they will be available this month itself and Rumors suggests date could be as soon as Dec 12.
Other specs for the tablets are as follows:
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 5-megapixel rear-facing HD camera with autofocus and LED Flash
- 1.3 mp HD Front Facing camera (Different from other tablets which have VGA’s on the front)
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- CDMA 4G/LTE Technology support
- Mobile hotspot ready.
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.