When everybody is moving to digital age, Social media is one of the buzz words said by every marketer and advertising practitioner. More an more enterprises are creating integrated campaigns that include social media and digital component in the mix. When small businesses who are getting started with social media with their business they need to understand the bit of a culture divide in understanding the application of social media and howit matters in their business.
While talking to the entrepreneurs who are getting ready to enter in this new media, most of them say “Okay, you want to be in social media, that is easy.. let’s set up a FaceBook page, or let’s open a Twitter account.” but who will explain them that joining these websites is not all you have to do to make use of this new media, there is lot more which goes into setting up your presence in social media. Think about these small things before you get started.
- When was the last time you picked up the phone and talked with a customer?
- When was the last time you hand-wrote a letter to an interested lead?
- When was the last time you attended a local event for community, not advertising?
- When was the last time you evangelized your customers, not yourself?
Many folks struggle with understanding how the heck they’re supposed to turn Twitter and Facebook into a valuable, profitable investment for their business. Check this post on gaurdian.co.uk where Dell makes $6.5m from twitter sales also look at the big names like Coke, Starbucks, target,iHop etc, which makes utmost use of social media and attract more and more customers through this. but what are they exactly doing. – interacting with existing customers and listening to there concerns, launching special campaigns and offering discounts to only facebook and twitter fans etc.
Here are some of the things which you need to do to take maximum advantage from Social Media.
- Research – Know your customers, What are the demographics and who are your competitors.
- People want to be heard – Actively listen to your customers, watch the reactions at various sites
- React You don;t need to react to every post on the community but reaction to important queries with agility, speed and professionalism is something people want to see out of businesses
People don’t forget Social media is very powerful and it is here to stay as more and more brands are using it now then ever before. Check this small video about why it will long live.