Today during the special event at facebook headquarters to announce the launch of 250 million dollar social centric fund sFund, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos blew off our minds and just introduced a new Free Usage Tier for AWS, allowing companies to take advantage of myriad AWS products at no cost.
[adrotate group="3" banner="28"]
Amazon said they are doing this “To help new AWS customers get started in the cloud, AWS is introducing a new free usage tier. Beginning November 1, new AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 Micro Instance for a year, while also leveraging 5 GB of Amazon S3 storage, and free tiers of Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic Load Balancer, and AWS data transfer. In addition, customers can benefit from the existing free tiers for Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, and Amazon Simple Notifications Service. To learn more about the new AWS free usage tier, visit http://aws.amazon.com/free.”
The highlights of the free usage tier are as follows.
AWS Free Usage Tier (Per Month):
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 10 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 1 million I/Os, 1 GB of snapshot storage, 10,000 snapshot Get Requests and 1,000 snapshot Put Requests*
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests*
- 30 GB per of internet data transfer (15 GB of data transfer “in” and 15 GB of data transfer “out” across all services except Amazon CloudFront)*
- 25 Amazon SimpleDB Machine Hours and 1 GB of Storage**
- 100,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service**
- 100,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service**
- In addition to these services, the AWS Management Console is available at no charge to help you build and manage your application on AWS.